kungfu children class
Open house special
Afterschool program is on!
labour day no class
Eearlier bird promotion !
Taishan School of Martial Arts is located near the intersection of Leslie and Highway 7, serving the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Markham and Richmond Hill.
We offer a comprehensive training program in traditional and competition Chinese Martial Arts systems. This includes Modern Competition Wus...
• Learn practical self-defense techniques
• Real world situations and hands on simulated attacks
• Defense against grabs, locks, chokes, striking, weapons like knife and Gun
• Escape from dangerous situations for kids, woman, and who need
- Monica MIt's been 2 years since my son, then 7 years old, started learning kungfu/wushu (Chinese martial arts) at Taishan Club. The school's teaching philosophy is one of encouragement, not punishment. One can see that the students have a genuine respect for the Sifus (masters). Beginners start learning kungfu with Sifu Sue Yang, who is an excellent teacher. My son really likes the way she runs her classes and she repeatedly demonstrates the movements so he can remember and practice them. She's patient, kind, and encouraging yet firm. She teaches almost, if not all, of the beginner classes (and some intermediate ones). My son chose this school after a free trial class. He wanted to learn a style that was fluid in movements (like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon), no 1:1 combat for a while, includes weapons at some point, and a teacher he respects. Taishan Club and Sifu Yang were his choice. He's now learning to use the staff and broadsword. As a parent, I like the flexibility to attend any...
- Erin PThe Sifu's are fantastic teachers, and the community is very warm and friendly. It feels like a family.
We offer a comprehensive training program in traditional and competition Chinese Martial Arts systems. This includes Modern Competition Wushu, San Da (free style wushu combat), Tai Chi/Qigong, Traditional Kung Fu programs and Applied Self Defence. Taishan School of Martial Arts is dedicated to providing high quality Kung Fu training in a fun, safe environment by highly qualified instructors. We welcome people of all ages to enjoy the improved fitness, flexibility, discipline and self confidence that come from our programs. We have a special program specifically for our youngest students (between 3 to 5 years of age).